Giants Ridge Ski Area is closed for the season. The golf courses will open soon, as weather permits. We had an awesome winter, and are looking forward to a fantastic golf season! We've got some great food events coming up - check them out! See April hours for Burnt Onion Kitchen & Brews
Triail day pass or season pass is required. Our Rental Shop rents fat bikes ($75 for 24-hour & $40 for 4-hour or less). Fat bikers are not permitted to carry their bikes up the chairlift.
Fat Bike Etiquette:
Fat bikers are the new users on the trails and should be extra polite and courteous. Here are a few tips to always keep in mind when riding fat.
Do not ride on the groomed trail if:
- There is fresh snow, and you are leaving a tire rut deeper than one inch
- You are having a hard time riding in a straight line
- Your bike's tires are narrower than 3.7"
- Your bike's tire pressure is greater than 10 psi
General Fat Biker Nordic Trail Etiquette:
- Bikes yield to all other users. Skiers don't have brakes, you do!
- Fat bike lane - Ride on the most firm part of the track.
- Leave room for skiers to pass.
- Do NOT ride in the classic ski tracks.
- Stay to the right side of the trail around corners and look for oncoming traffic.
- Allow the track time to set-up after grooming and before riding.
- Don't ride any old mountain bike out there - Purpose built Fat bikes only!
- Spread the word about Fat biking, make it fun, keep it safe.
- Be an ambassador for the sport - stay polite, educate other bikers, discourage bad behavior, follow the rules, and we'll all have a good time this winter.