Giants Ridge is OPEN every day through April 2, weather dependent. ALPINE: 95% of our skiable terrain is open with spring-like conditions. See Snow Report. TERRAIN PARKS: Placid beginner’s park, Garmisch intermediate park & Grenoble expert park are all open! SNOW TUBING: The tubing park is open Fridays 3-7 pm, Saturdays & Sundays, 10am-7pm. NORDIC: 3” fresh snow allowed for re-opening 30K of Nordic trails! Trails are packed but do not have classical tracks set. $10 trail passes! Fat biking is not permitted at this time. Foot traffic & dogs not permitted on trails. SNOWSHOE: Temporarily suspended. Continue to check our website for updates. Hours of operation are subject to change and weather dependent.
Triail day pass or season pass is required. Our Rental Shop rents fat bikes ($75 for 24-hour & $40 for 4-hour or less). Fat bikers are not permitted to carry their bikes up the chairlift.
Fat Bike Etiquette:
Fat bikers are the new users on the trails and should be extra polite and courteous. Here are a few tips to always keep in mind when riding fat.
Do not ride on the groomed trail if:
- There is fresh snow, and you are leaving a tire rut deeper than one inch
- You are having a hard time riding in a straight line
- Your bike's tires are narrower than 3.7"
- Your bike's tire pressure is greater than 10 psi
General Fat Biker Nordic Trail Etiquette:
- Bikes yield to all other users. Skiers don't have brakes, you do!
- Fat bike lane - Ride on the most firm part of the track.
- Leave room for skiers to pass.
- Do NOT ride in the classic ski tracks.
- Stay to the right side of the trail around corners and look for oncoming traffic.
- Allow the track time to set-up after grooming and before riding.
- Don't ride any old mountain bike out there - Purpose built Fat bikes only!
- Spread the word about Fat biking, make it fun, keep it safe.
- Be an ambassador for the sport - stay polite, educate other bikers, discourage bad behavior, follow the rules, and we'll all have a good time this winter.