FIRST TIME SKI LESSONS
Kid-Friendly Learn-to-Ski Programs Shine
Instruction for people of all abilities
From our kid-friendly staff to our expansive line of kid-friendly equipment, the ski school programs at Giants Ridge are recognized as some of the best learn-to-ski (or board) programs in the state of MN.
Giants Ridge has a learning area complete with a 140-foot "Magic Carpet" conveyor lift to assist beginning skiers and boarders.
When planning a day of fun-filled lessons at Giants Ridge, be sure to dress and instruct your child appropriately.
- Layers of clothing
- Polypropylene or wool socks (cotton socks produce perspiration, thereby making feet damp & cold)
- Windproof & waterproof outerwear
- Goggles or sunglasses
- Helmet (Helmets are available for rent in the Snow Shop for $8/each.)
- Mark your child's clothing (with their name)
- Tell your kids where you'll be
Be sure that the gear they're using (all of which can be conveniently purchased at Giants Ridge) fits properly, so it is easier to learn. Also, check out our "Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions" by our guests. This may help you in your lesson planning!
Giants Ridge Ski School has 60 certified ski instructors who specialize in winter sports instruction. From very young children to those reaching junior high, these programs provide lessons (and even rentals) for skiers and boarders of all levels.