Giants Ridge Climbing Wall
The Giants Ridge Climbing Wall will be opening for the 2018 season on Friday, May 25!
Climbing Wall Memorial Weekend Hours
May 25th through May 28th
Friday – Monday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
|May 31st through October
|Thursday – Sunday
|| 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Whether for fun or fitness, grab ahold of our new, challenging climbing wall and enjoy a peak experience! Located near the chalet at Giants Ridge, it’s perfect for family and group activities, as well as team building events. Buy your pass in the chalet Gift Shop.
The climbing wall has six distinct routes that are fun for both kids to adults to climb. Currently, five routes are set up with auto belay devices, however the orange route is equipped with a top-rope belay for the true climbing experience. Stop by today and see if you can conquer the wall!
Climbing Wall Rates
All rates include harness and helmet
- Day Pass – $14 per person
- 10 All Day Visits (punch card) – $100
- Groups (10 or more climbers for 2 hours) – $10 per person
- Shoe Rental – $4 per pair
- Chalk Bag Rental – $4 each
Celebrate your Birthday with a Climbing Wall party at Giants Ridge! This package includes 2 hours of climbing, room rental, pizza, pop, party balloons and special coupons.
- Birthday Party Package (10 or more climbers) – $25 per person
All groups must be pre-booked, email the Giants Ridge Group Sales Manager or call 218-865-8008.
Buy your climbing wall pass in the chalet’s Gift Shop.
Giants Ridge Climbing Wall Facts:
- The A.R.T.Wall™ is 32′ tall x 60″ wide on four sides and made from molds of real rock allowing for climbing on shapes that only nature can make. Visually stunning, our A.R.T.Wall is the only climbing wall system that truly looks like real rock. A.R.T.Wall creates the most realistic climbing experience currently available. It not only looks like real rock, it climbs like it as well!
- Features: Cracks, huecos, pockets, dihedrals, and roofs. This style of climbing wall offers features that are both positive and negative to the climbing plane.
- Handhold Attachment Discs: Flat circular discs that are designed so that modular handholds can be attached flush to the wall, eliminating spinning and other problems.
- Versatility: Not only can you climb on features that are as realistic as real rock but you can also climb on modular handholds.
- Since A.R.T. Wall is made of concrete, it has that cool-to-the-touch, rock-like feel. In addition, the framework is so solid that there is no bending or flexing of the surface which is common with other systems.
Climbing Wall Rules
- All climbers will be required to sign a waiver. In Minnesota, minors are considered to be age 17 and under, all minors must have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver on the minor’s behalf.
- Climbers must be 5 years old or older, at least 40 pounds, and have a height of 42 inches or greater.
- Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult.
- View complete list of climbing wall rules.
Climbing Wall Waiver