Fat Tire Biking
Giants Ridge was one of the first ski resorts in Minnesota to offer fat tire biking to winter sports adventure seekers. Fat tire bikers have the option to ride on over 60 kilometers of our nordic trail system or experience our newest adventure, downhill fat biking. We’re taking Minnesota fat tire biking to a whole new level in winter 2021, via our high-speed chairlift!
Set on the edge of the towering Superior National Forest, winter fat tire biking at Giants Ridge traverses some of the most incredible winter trail terrain in Minnesota.
Fat biking enthusiasts can ride select gravity-fed trails from the top of the Giants Ridge mountain – including: Tadpole, Ribbits, Leapfrog and Kitty Cat. For trail status, check our snow report updated daily.
|FAT TIRE BIKING DAY PASS RATES||Adult (age 13+)||Child (age 7-12)|
|Fat Tire Bike Nordic Trail Pass (no lift access)||$17||$10|
|Fat Tire Bike Lift-Access Pass||$30||$30|
|FAT TIRE BIKE NORDIC SEASON PASSES||RATE|
|Adult (Age 13+)||$99|
|Child (Age 7-12)||$49|
|Family of 2||$198|
|Family of 5 or less ($25 per additional member)||$219|
A Fat Tire Bike Nordic Season pass grants you access to over 60 km of our nordic trail system as well as access to ride up Kitty Cat and experience our downhill trails (season pass does not grant lift access)
Purchase your lift-served trail pass online HERE. We’re excited to offer downhill lift-served fat biking via the Sarajevo Express Chairlift! Fat Tire Bikers will have the opportunity to ride on our Tadpole, The Ribbits, Leapfrog and Kitty Cat trails.
Know Before You Go Info:
- Lift-Served Fat Tire Bike Passes are purchased only online.
- We’re offering two daily 3-hour sessions only: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- 8 riders per session will be allowed due to limited capacity.
|Norway – XC||Open|
Fat Bikes Rental $40 for 3-hour session
*Limited Supply Available
Reserve a fat tire bike rental online HERE.
GIANTS RIDGE FAT BIKING
- Must have valid Fat Bike Lift Pass or valid Nordic Fat Tire Trail Pass.
- Downhill fat biking is welcomed on Tadpole, Leapfrog, The Ribbits, and Kitty Cat, as well as nordic trails.
- No fat biking on the alpine runs; anyone riding on alpine terrain will have privileges revoked.
- Limited number of bike carriers available on lift; please access through designated fat bike entrance.
- Please check in with lift attendant upon arrival at Sarajevo Express high-speed lift.
- Helmets are required.
- All fat biking is assumed at your own risk. Rescue services may not be available.
- Tire width must be at least 3.7 inches.
General Fat Tire Biker Nordic Trail Etiquette:
- Bikes yield to all other users. Skiers don’t have brakes, you do!
- Fat bike lane – Ride on the firmest part of the track.
- Leave room for skiers to pass.
- Do not ride in the classic ski tracks.
- Stay to the right side of the trail around corners and look for oncoming traffic.
- Allow the track time to set-up after grooming and before riding.
- Don’t ride any old mountain bike out there – Purpose-built fat bikes only!
- Spread the word about fat tire biking at Giants Ridge – make it fun, keep it safe.
Do not ride on the groomed trail if:
- There is fresh snow, and you are leaving a tire rut deeper than one inch
- You are having a hard time riding in a straight line
- Your bike’s tires are narrower than 3.7″
- Your bike’s tire pressure is greater than 10 psi
Be an ambassador for the sport – stay polite, educate other bikers, discourage bad behavior, follow the rules, and we’ll all have a good time!