Fat Tire Nordic Trail Etiquette
General Fat Tire Biker Nordic Trail Etiquette:
- Bikes yield to all other users. Skiers don’t have brakes, you do!
- Fat bike lane – Ride on the firmest part of the track.
- Leave room for skiers to pass.
- Do not ride in the classic ski tracks.
- Stay to the right side of the trail around corners and look for oncoming traffic.
- Allow the track time to set-up after grooming and before riding.
- Don’t ride any old mountain bike out there – Purpose-built fat bikes only!
- Spread the word about fat tire biking at Giants Ridge – make it fun, keep it safe.
Do not ride on the groomed trail if:
- There is fresh snow, and you are leaving a tire rut deeper than one inch
- You are having a hard time riding in a straight line
- Your bike’s tires are narrower than 3.7″
- Your bike’s tire pressure is greater than 10 psi
Be an ambassador for the sport – stay polite, educate other bikers, discourage bad behavior, follow the rules, and we’ll all have a good time!