Cross Country Skiing
Home to more than 60 kilometers of world-class nordic ski trails, Giants Ridge has long been a Minnesota cross country ski destination. In fact, the vast cross country trail system at Giants Ridge was originally designed and once served as a training center for U.S. Ski Team athletes. Today, the same expansive nordic trails at Giants Ridge traverse the Superior National Forest and offer a variety of cross country trail terrain for skiers of all ages and abilities, including green, blue and black trails.
|Cross Country Trail Passes||Adult||Child||Senior/Veteran/Active Military|
CLICK HERE to purchase 2020/2021 Season Pass.
2020-2021 Season Pass Rates
|Cross Country Season Pass|
|Adult (Age 13+)||$99|
|Family of 2||$198|
|Family of 5 or less ($25 per additional member)||$219|
*A cross country season pass also allows you unlimited fat tire bike access on our nordic trail system.
|Northern Lights 3K||Closed|
|Wynne Creek 4K||Closed|
|Biwabik Spur 6K||Closed|
Purchase and reserve cross country rentals online HERE.
2020-2021 XC Rental Rates
Daily Cross Country Rates Adult Child Waxless Package $14 $9 Waxless Skis $9 $7 Waxless Boots $5 $5 Regular Poles $5 $5
Night Skiing is no longer offered this season.
Experience our Northern Lights Trail, a lighted 3k, two way beginner loop. The trailhead begins at the North Trailhead at the end of the cross country stadium. Purchase your Night XC Trail Pass HERE.
CLICK HERE to view our XC Trails Map.
Northern Lights Trail Hours: Open seven days a week from 4 pm – 8 pm.
Nordic Trail Guidelines:
• Stay to the right and travel in single file.
• Downhill persons have the right-of-way.
• Stop where you are visible to others.
• Avoid obstructing a trail.
• Fill in any holes created by falling.
• Pack it in, pack it out.
• Avoid loud and/or abusive language or actions.
Tips for the Trail:
• Dress in layers and appropriate gear to keep warm and dry.
• Be prepared for sudden changes in weather.
• Wear sunglasses and sunscreen.
• Carry nutritious snacks and plenty of water.
• Bring a trail map and be aware of where you are at all times
• Carry a first aid kit and know how to use the items inside.
• Tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return. Carry identification with a list of medications and contacts.
Our reliable snow and reliable grooming gives our guests a great exerience no matter your skill level.